[Xen-users] Opensuse 11.4 domU hang on boot

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Opensuse 11.4 domU hang on boot
From: David Gerbec <david.gerbec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 11:02:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 02:05:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Everyone!

Been looking around the internet but have not found a solution for my problem yet, all i found was a report on opensuse forums with no replays.

I have a Xen dom0 running on OpenSuse 11.4 x86_64, on this I’ve created 3 PV instances all running OpenSuse 11.4 x86_64 as well. All 3 PVs were installed the same way with the same package selection and only ONE of this 3 PVs hangs at booting time just before the login screen should appear.

I looked at the log files of the VM, when it hangs and when it boots normally, i copied and compared the logs (boot.msg, messages, ...) but i am not able to find anything substantial.

A work around this problem seems to be - destroy VM, start VM, and keep going until eventually the VM starts up correctly.

For testing purposes I’ve installed a PV with OpenSuse 11.3 x86_64. This VM runs normally, boots OK every time.

Any of you experienced anything like that? Any idea what else i could check? Any info / help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
David Gerbec

--
David Gerbec, sistemska podpora

Predlog! Obiščite prenovljeno spletno stran http://www.agenda.si

ODPRTA KODA IN LINUX
STORITVE : POSLOVNE RESITVE : UPRAVLJANJE IT : INFRASTRUKTURA IT :
IZOBRAZEVANJE : PROGRAMSKA OPREMA

Visit our updated web page at http://www.agenda.si

OPEN SOURCE AND LINUX
SERVICES : BUSINESS SOLUTIONS : IT MANAGEMENT : IT INFRASTRUCTURE : TRAINING :
SOFTWARE

"Windows is a 32-bit shell for a 16-bit extension to an 8-bit operating system
designed for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit company that can't stand one bit of
competition."