[Xen-users] XEN infrastructure setup question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XEN infrastructure setup question
From: "Abilash Praveen [Consign IT Private Limited]" <abilash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:09:17 +0530
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 07:56:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm new to XEN. I'm planning to install XEN on a bare metal and create VMs for our customers.

I have a i-7 quad core processor with 8 GB RAM. 2 x 750 GB HDD and 1 x 1.5TB HDD.

My question:

1) How many VMs can I run?
2) How do I go about LVM and also use RAID 1?
3) How do I backup VMs (snapshots?)
4) I am also looking at Eucalyptus for future offering. My understanding is that with Eucalyptus, I can group different bare metals into a single cloud - i.e, 2 x quad core process, 2 x 8 GB RAM will now become a 2 quad core with 16 GB RAM cloud and the VMs can be installed into this cloud. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That is all for now. Thank you very much in anticipation.

Kind regards,
Abilash