[Xen-users] Configuring xen bridges and networking issues

To: xenList <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Configuring xen bridges and networking issues
From: Larry Ing <larry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 10:52:50 -0700
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 10:54:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to use bridged networking with my Xen VMs, but I am unable
to connect them to the network.  I am running a Debian dom0 with Xen
4.0.1.  I am not seeing a xenbr0 interface in the output of "ifconfig",
but I do see peth0 and eth0.  Running the command "brctl show" tells me
that eth0 is the bridge device.  In my xend-config.sxp I did not name it
eth0, but instead said the following "(network-script 'network-bridge
antispoof=yes bridge=xenbr0')."  How do I create the xenbr0 interface
and have my VMs successfully connect to this bridge?