[Xen-users] Is HVM really working?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Is HVM really working?
From: "Walter Robert Ditzler" <ditwal001@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:20:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:22:02 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type :x-priority:x-msmail-priority:x-mailer:thread-index:content-language :importance:disposition-notification-to; bh=kWy2PY0AKXl9vMFUCqiLFydG6GGQPrOJKoMWgf69hx0=; b=Sf5q9YKYpZpTVDtwWy0pFBeGITFIePVfIVy1b07BnLBjRfc3Uy3zyd4I+5jxPnHxfn WM/OEoHcxHzcFogYJdEukA7oUA/tgwpWeLMPGx3XppPtX/w/tlCPbhvClGFH+yyR3qA/ 93lE6Ec6NIpYIqb4M7atblY6NDH5yEkYZAbaM=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi all,

I have a xen-unstable installation, dom0 works fine. according to that guest
file,
content below, I like to have HVM (fully virtualized) guests. with my
windows cdrom
I install windows 7 with success.

the problem I see is, that the network card and the ide controller are not
virtual simulated by qemu! My guest domU got that hardware from my HP
DL320G5 server!.

I would like to be flexible to move my guest to any hardware box without
taking care of changing network card and ide drivers within the guests.

do I do something wrong here?

thanks a lot for help!

walter.

guest config file
*****************

***
name            = 'server02'
kernel          = 'hvmloader'
builder         = 'hvm'
device_model    = 'qemu-dm'
maxmem          = 1024
memory          = 1024
vcpus           = 1
acpi            = 1
apic            = 1

vif             = [ 'bridge=eth0' ]
disk            = [
'phy:/dev/vgmain/lv_server02,hda,w','file:/var/xen/win7.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

boot            = 'cd'
usbdevice       = 'tablet'

sdl             = 0

stdvga          = 1