Re: [Xen-users] Re: XAPI on debian - openvswitch and ocfs2 support

On 07/19/2011 01:57 PM, Mike McClurg wrote:

There are a couple new requests for different storage backend types,
including GlusterFS. Unfortunately, we don't really have the capacity
with this project to take on writing new storage backends. Right now,
we're just trying to get the existing backends working on Debian ;) If
you have experience with ocfs2, and you'd like to give SR backend
writing a try, please do! Take a look at the existing SRs, and come back
to the list if you have any questions. Expanding the number of storage
backends we provide is definitely something that we're interested in.

Okay I'll give it a try taking example on existing SR types and try to build one for OCFS2
and let you know how it progresses.

XCP already supports openvswitch, so yes, this is on our to-do list for
xapi on Debian. It's not the highest priority on our list, though, as we
have a lot of other things to get working first, such as basic bridge
networking. If you would like to attempt to get it working, we would
definitely incorporate any work you do into the xapi-on-Debian project.
Feel free to edit the wiki page with anything you find.

This is on now on my todo list too :)
Last question :)

By default xend is started at boot, shouldn't it be disabled when using
xapi ?
Yes, you are correct. We still need to automate this in the xapi install
package. Go ahead and do it manually for now.

Jon, Todd and I really appreciate you being an early adopter. Keep
coming back with questions! Hopefully we'll get some more brave souls
out there to give this a go...

Ok. Thanks. That's what I did actually.

I would add this to the wiki page before the step "7. reboot" but I can't edit it (immuable page):

apt-get install chkconfig
chkconfig xendomains off
chkconfig xend off

Thanks for your work,