RE: [Xen-users] is safe to compile and install the gplpv (changeset939)

To: "Flako" <subforos@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] is safe to compile and install the gplpv (changeset939) for production?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 11:29:01 +1000
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 18:30:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hello
>      Compile the latest version of gplpv (changeset 939) and these
> weeks I think to try.
>      As I will not be able to test all complete (not know where to get
> started) and seeing that there is poor documentation on gplpv (the doc
> is the source code), I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use this
> compilation in production.
>      I really do not know if the version "changeset 939" is stable,
> testing or a simple snapshot that only a madman would put in
> production running a DBMS.
>      Nor is a stable version gplpv_2003x32_0.11.0.238.msi .. :)
>
>           You think? is safe to install gplpv (changeset 939) for
production?

For 2000, XP, and 2003 you should be fine using the latest committed
changeset as I've run the network and vbd drivers through the MS test
suite.

I'm almost finished running the Vista+ version drivers through the MS
testing suite, so should have something I can call stable again for the
newer OS's soon. All the problems I'm finding in the network drivers so
far are not crash related though so they should still work, there are
just a few oddities with statistics reporting and some OID's I should
support but don't. I haven't run the vbd drivers through the test suite
yet though.

James