Re: [Xen-users] Bad network performances

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Bad network performances
From: Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:40:14 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 00:41:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi

> The first place I'd look would be the switch. Some switches are set so
> that if there's arp change on a port, it would re-learn the topology
> to prevent loop, and possibly causing all traffic to stop being
> forwarded temporarily.

I tried changing the switch, but sadly this didn't solve the issue.
I'm still not totally sure it's Xen related. Another VM, the firewall, running
on the same interface where I have problems, doesn't seem to suffer the same,
on this subnet. Instead, I'm having issues on another interface, the one facing
the router, because I get OpenVPN reset every minute.

Both VMs have very low cpu and network load according to stats, so I'd exclude
performance problems.

Any advice is welcome!
thanks
--
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
Via Carlo Torri Tarelli 19 - 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 6070 222

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.