[Xen-users] HVM --> PV, success on 1st time, failed on 2nd time

To: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] HVM --> PV, success on 1st time, failed on 2nd time
From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:05:27 +0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 23:07:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello list,

I'm having a perplexing problem.

I'm currently trying to install Gentoo Linux on XenServer 5.6 fp1.
When I've compiled the kernel, I shutdown, eject CD, activate PV mode,
and turn on.

It worked, except for the fact that I forgot to change the entries in
/etc/fstab to point to /dev/xvd?. So I shutdown, change back to HVM,
and reboot into Gentoo's installation CD. I edited /etc/fstab, then
repeat the above conversion (i.e., shutdown, eject CD, activate PV
mode, turn on).

But this time, pygrub complained that it can't find the kernel! Very
strange, since it managed to find one the last time I boot into PV...

Where could I've gone wrong?

Rgds,

Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/