Re: [Xen-users] ubuntu kernels 2.6.39+ don't boot as hvm domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] ubuntu kernels 2.6.39+ don't boot as hvm domU
From: Martins Lazdans <marrtins@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:32:36 +0300
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 07:32:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Try to wait at that point for some time. It should return to init console. Maybe init is trying to boot non-existing/misconfigured device.

Mark Dokter wrote:
Hi!

I tried booting ubuntu natty/oneiric domUs with 2.6.39 and 3.0rc1
linux-image packages, but they all "just stop" after the kernel is
loaded and the init process should take over.

The problem must be within the linux-image package, since natty domUs
with the standard 2.6.38 kernel boot just fine.
I also have debian and gentoo domUs running 2.6.39 without issues, so
it's definately an ubuntu issue.

I know, this list is for general xen usage, but I already filed a bug
report @ubuntu (didn't receive a response yet) and just wanted to know
if anybody has come accross this issue?

kind regards, Mark

Martins Lazdans