[Xen-users] Re: Windows VM extremely slow

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Windows VM extremely slow
From: Dennis Schridde <devurandom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 23:10:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:26:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday 02 June 2011 23:06:10 Dennis Schridde wrote:
> On Thursday 02 June 2011 22:51:31 Dennis Schridde wrote:
> > I have a Windows VM which behaves extremely slow. In VNC it takes tens of
> > seconds for a mouse movement to be reflected by the cursor and a click or
> > keypress takes minutes to have an effect. A connection via RDP is not
> > possible at all, because it is impossible to connect to the host.
> >
> > I do not think I have enabled any limitations on cpu consumption for this
> > vm, nor do I have another explanation for the slowness. Another vm (also
> > hvm) is working normally.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea why the machine could be so slow?
> >
> > xm top displays the machine like this:
> >       NAME  STATE   CPU(sec) CPU(%)     MEM(k) MEM(%)  MAXMEM(k)
> >       MAXMEM(%)
> >
> > VCPUS NETS NETTX(k) NETRX(k) VBDS   VBD_OO   VBD_RD   VBD_WR SSID
> >
> >        XXX ------         21    0.3    1056640   11.2    1064960
> >        11.3
> >
> > 1    1      677       13    2        0    27908     3096    0
> >
> > I have the config of this vm attached.
>
> P.S: I forgot a few things:
P.P.S: Some corrections to my text to prevent misunderstandings:

> 1) Please CC me, because I am not on the list.
> 2) The slowness starts when I connect via VNC.
The slowness builds up quickly after connecting via VNC. First the mouse
cursor moves jumpily, then after a few seconds it doesnt move at all anymore.

2.1) Before that the status is "-- b---" instead of "------", and it changes
to the latter shortly after connecting.