Re: [Xen-users] Bad TCP accept performance

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Bad TCP accept performance
From: Iain Kay <iainkay@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:37:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:52:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
None of your Xen tests where performed on a suitably recent kernel... KVM was performed on 2.6.38.6 kernel whereas Xen was performed on 2.6.32... Fair difference. Kernel development has been pretty active lately and I would not be surprised if you see major differences between older and newer kernels when using for virtualisation.

I'm attempting to install Xen on top of 2.6.39 vanilla kernel today. Will run your tests on my box and see what the results are...

Quite disheartening to see such a drop in accept performance, I for one hope it's just misconfiguration (or requires further configuration) to bring the VMs up to spec.

Iain