[Xen-users] PVOPS dom0 Crash During Boot Unhandled Page Fault

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] PVOPS dom0 Crash During Boot Unhandled Page Fault
From: "John McDermott (U.S. Navy Employee)" <john.mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 08:25:47 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 May 2011 05:27:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xen users,

When trying to boot a PVOPS dom0 2.6.32.31 on Xen 4.0.1 F14 (I can't be sure of
the minor version, the source RPM calls itself 4.0.1-6 but the hypervisor
figlet message calls it 4.0.1-7), domain 0 crashes with a page fault problem,
as per the attached serial console log. Dom 0 is built from a snapshot
xen-304a854, using the attached config file (which is Pasi's reference config,
as modified by make oldconfig). The hardware is an Intel E8500 running on an
Intel DQ35J mobo. As you can see from the serial console log, F14 boots and
runs just fine on the bare metal. I have attached the output of the dom0 kernel
make, the config file, the serial console, grub.conf, and a cat of
/proc/cpuinfo (run on bare metal).

I have tried other dom0 kernels and they all crash too. Any comments? PEBKAC?
Should I bump this up to Xen-devel?

Sincerely,

John

----
What is the formal meaning of the one-line program
#include "/dev/tty"

J.P. McDermott                  building 12
Code 5542                       mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Naval Research Laboratory       voice: +1 202.404.8301
Washington, DC 20375, US        fax:   +1 202.404.7942