Re: [Xen-users] Issue with Xen networking bridged mode

Hi,

Yep, I guessed you were using OpenNebula from the NFS /srv/cloud/one
directory path and var/ structure.

OpenNebula itself doesn't cause any networking issues because it
doesn't directly interfere with Xen networking but make sure you have
included the network context script that converts MAC addresses to IPs
within the guest filesystem.
If you are you not planning to use the context infrastructure then you
must make sure to configure all of your network adapters manually.

I can't seem to think of why this should occur in your environment if
bridging is properly configured so that would be my first port of
call.
Can you run brctl show and post the output?

Joseph.

On 10 May 2011 14:42, Prakhar Srivastava <prakhar.apj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
> Yes, I am using Opennebula to manage my Xen cluster. Is there any networking
> issue when using Xen with opennebula? Can you please tell me a little more
> about ARPing .
> Thanks for the response.
> Regards,
> Prakhar
>
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Joseph Glanville
> <joseph.glanville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Prakhar,
>> These problems are generally caused due to ARP propagation issues.
>> I would suggest attempting to reach the machine with ARPing from another
>> host on the LAN.
>> Also by any chance are you using OpenNebula?
>> Joseph.
>> On 3 May 2011 16:25, Prakhar Srivastava <prakhar.apj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have two debian machines (debian squeeze) with xen 4.0 installed using
>>> debian repository packages. The VMs created on machine1 are accessible from
>>> the local network and internet is accessible within the VM. However, when I
>>> try to ping the VMs on the  machine2 from any host other than the machine
>>> itself(Dom0), i get a DESTINATION HOST NOT REACHABLE error.If I try to ping
>>> the VM from the DomO, it works fine.
>>> The configuration file for machine2 VM is as follows:
>>> name = 'vm2'
>>> memory  = '256'
>>> vcpus  = '1'
>>> kernel = '/home/cloud/kernel/xen/2/vmlinuz-2.6.27.21-0.1-xen'
>>> ramdisk = '/home/cloud/kernel/xen/2/initrd-2.6.27.21-0.1-xen'
>>> root = '/dev/xvda'
>>> extra = 'xencons=tty'
>>> disk = [
>>>     'file:/srv/cloud/one/var//145/images/disk.0,xvda,w',
>>>     'file:/srv/cloud/one/var//145/images/disk.1,xvdd,w',
>>>     'file:/srv/cloud/one/var//145/images/disk.2,xvdc,r',
>>> ]
>>> vif = [
>>>     ' mac=02:00:c0:a8:91:fd,ip=192.168.145.253,bridge=eth0',
>>> ]
>>>
>>> I hope someone can advice what could be the possible issue.
>>> Regards,
>>> Prakhar