RE: [Xen-users] Re: XCP: Insecure Distro ?

To: "'A Cold Penguin'" <verycoldpenguin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Re: XCP: Insecure Distro ?
From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:06:41 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 May 2011 16:08:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The dom0 portion of a XCP appliance is not designed to operate as a standard multi user Unix SSH host.  The only way you can access the dom0 at all is if you already have the root password.  There are no other users in the dom0, so there is no reason to worry about file permissions within the dom0 in the same manor that you typically would in a multi user host.  The only way you can steal the passwd file is if you already know the root password.  That is already secure enough.