Re: [Xen-users] debian Lenny -> Squeeze domU mdX software raid migration

To: Joseph Glanville <joseph.glanville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] debian Lenny -> Squeeze domU mdX software raid migration - failed to assemble arrays
From: Cameron Camp <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 11:07:40 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 May 2011 11:09:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, my whatever.domain.cfg was insane, I fixed it by leaving:

root = /dev/xvda2

but had to update:

#kernel      = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64'
#ramdisk     = '/boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64'
kernel      = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64'
ramdisk     = '/boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64'

after that it booted with errors, but allowed me to
vi /etc/apt/sources.lists in DomU and change lenny to squeeze and then
update/upgrade, and now my DomU Debian Lenny is Squeeze :)

No idea why the kernel mismatch would result in an md/sd/xvd error, but
hope this helps someone else!

Thx,
Cameron