Re: [Xen-users] Install domU from ISO

To: dky hax <dkyhax@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Install domU from ISO
From: Melody Bliss <melodybliss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:43:43 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:45:18 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=RqBW2CoRVXRAVVEb/sJc4/kwvNwyIPTscIglM09ApHU=; b=RrnUhGtn7iNqq4lGtljFCm839pVlL9u2jWsY6VDq7VDytpwlpcuoNAi47gzZrtaTK4 V57jebexGrwH/FugRaKvQ8iEP+7lu4hbReSLtM3khfXTsTwIidpdozX7kA9yhJp+CvHw oa/Jv/xxzhVru/SKApgnHD54g2WZEHiiQL+ug=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You haven't specified if you're trying to create a PV or HVM vm? Do
you know the difference between the two? What OS are you using? What
version of Xen?

If you are attempting to create it using the iso as a virtual DVD/CD,
you would be creating an HVM vm.

Now wether you want to use xen-create-image or create a config file is
really dependent on what you want the VM to do. A config gives you the
ultimate flexibility and (In All Honesty, which you can take with a
grain of salt) I found using a config actually _easier_ than using
xen-create-image.

Have you given any thought of using virt-manager (assuming the
distribution you have has it [CentOS for example]) and using it to
create your first VM. You can then look at the config it creates and
base your new ones off of it.

Mel

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:19 PM, dky hax <dkyhax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> someone can tell me how can i install a guest vm from an iso image?
> Can i use xen-create-image command or i need to use the config file?
>
> Thanks,
> bye.

Melody Bliss
Usenix, SAGE and LOPSA Charter Member