Re: [Xen-users] Does any one know how to build a virtual network interfa

To: Hubery Kung <hubery.kung@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Does any one know how to build a virtual network interface with vlan ID in dom0?
From: Melody Bliss <melodybliss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:02:32 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:05:27 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=P1sNnRwycM/qxQybuuQmjhcs+K7z01VDse75n7jHcSM=; b=TQ9cxsOonBZ622EaohZqIwLevcllCOPJ9ahrkRKWHOB5FdFZINEsEFkrsLf4BjUpRM Mvko4ERgXlTOEFE4EL3hKW93pBkzMJUVfATsuwQTf5M1AqOeo19IgrGT4SLzngqHmWCp 76w5YHp4xRM1ofP7cQBf/PqLQRIk1zZvNVh1k=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We're going to need more information than what you've given. What OS
are you using for your Dom0? Which version of xen are you using?

Mel

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 6:21 AM, Hubery Kung <hubery.kung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear all:
>     I met a problem recently.
>     I am using Xen to build my virtual network, and vlan ID is used to
> seprate different virtual networks. At first I built the network
> bridge with a physical network device with vlan as its port directly.
> Then my virtual host could send and recieve normal packets while these
> packets are encapsulated in vlan ethernet frames once they come into
> physical links. However, there is an upper bond for the number of network
> bridges in domain 0. My solution is moving the vlan ID from the network
> bridge to vif-birdge, which could reduce the need for network bridge. As
> introduced in the manual that "Each domain network interface is connected to
> a virtual network interface in dom0 by a point to point link", I want to add
> a vlan ID to this virtual network interface in dom0. But the difficulty is
> that I can't find where the virtual network interface in dom0 is built in
> the program. Could anyone be kind to help me?
>
>     Thanks
>     Yours: hubery

Melody Bliss
Usenix, SAGE and LOPSA Charter Member