Re: [Xen-users] Shared Storage

To: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Shared Storage
From: Jonathan Dye <jdye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:13:07 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:13:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why not create one iscsi lun per vm disk instead of carving them up on the
hypervisor?  That's more typical, and a more typical state of affairs in linux
is your friend.  Also, you would have just one lun queue if you exported one
big PV, instead of one lun queue per vbd. That becomes a problem at scale.

- Jonathan