Re: [Xen-users] vlan bridge on gentoo hangs ssh

To: Edgar Ricardo Gonzalez Lazaro <ministromayor@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] vlan bridge on gentoo hangs ssh
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:39:50 +0000
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:41:08 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from :date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=xpWHLxai775LDI4+RRVsYlmQkaOX9fo6dJqG5UDPyWQ=; b=GoOrgZ56HFgPw4prXEuVYa/B4GE28d9jwwvLyhOR6cM/4nAHsLmtAMHQpunSgsYjse INz3rZdt6N0eHQ9fNHYmSCUgtb8CUelf40xEyGVUso+D9WKdAXVSDWExoO2yZWyddYdV sGNnlioYc1y1SAkYJL3bSo2/xDZIcNeonvw6o=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Edgar Ricardo Gonzalez Lazaro
<ministromayor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a Xen Dom0 over gentoo linux, I have configured two vlans over an
> ethernet nic with
> 1496 MTU, three bridges have been configured over each, the eth0, vlan1 and
> vlan2, everything seems to be working the DomUs on each bridge can reach
> between them and Dom0 reach all the DomUs but, when I login into one of those
> DomUs with ubuntu server 10.10 and execute the ifconfig command the session
> hangs... nothing but close the terminal is posible. At first I guess apparmor
> could be causing some problem so I uninstalled it but nothig, another DomU
> with SLES11 seems to be having the same behaviour. /var/log/messages doesn't
> gives usefull information nor dmesg.
>
> When I connect to DomU via VNC through Dom0 vnc server nothing wrong happends.
>

> Some Ideas?

What version of Xen/dom0 kernel are you using on this Gentoo installation?

Have you tried disabling checksumming:
http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=%22ethtool+-K%22#query:%22ethtool%20-K%22+page:1+mid:ozu24u7azscw2zwf+state:results

You could also take a look at the xend logs and see if the system is
also hung when doing xm console during the ssh hang.

Thanks,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane