Re: [Xen-users] what's the number of VM (running) in same time in Xen?

Hi Roberto,

As Miles stated memory is the first and foremost limit, I would argue
the second is definitely storage IO, particarly IOPS, IO operations
per second.
If your machine is forever waiting for disk (as most workloads require
disk interaction) you can't make good use of either memory or CPU.
CPUs being so large these days the majority of usecases will not
bottelneck on pure CPU.

I think Xen does have some internal limits but they are so large it
really isn't worth mentioning them.
Joseph.

On 6 April 2011 09:50, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roberto Scudeller wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can anyone help me? What's the maximum number of VM?
>> What's the limit? Exist limits?
>
> The simple answer:
>
> The first limit is memory, the second is CPU cycles, after that probably i/o
> bandwidth.  The more you have, the more VMs you can run.
>
> Miles Fidelman
>
> --
> In<fnord>  practice, there is.   .... Yogi Berra

Kind regards,
Joseph.
Founder | Director
Orion Virtualisation Solutions | www.orionvm.com.au | Phone: 1300 56