[Xen-users] downloaded jeremys try in xen source tarball now next what t

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] downloaded jeremys try in xen source tarball now next what to do
From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 01:35:42 +0530
Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:06:48 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I am trying to reduce the errors that I get because of breaks in my
internet connection.
So I read an archived message
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-04/msg00476.html

1. Extract official 4.0 tarball.

   Compile & install xen,tools.stubdom
   make install-xen
   make install-tools
   make install-stubdom

Git clone JF's repo:-

# git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
linux-2.6-xen
# cd linux-2.6-xen
# git branch -r

And checkout for instance :

# git checkout -b xen/stable  origin/xen/stable

Now I am not clear with what does
git checkout -b xen/stable  origin/xen/stable
this did and when I executed above  I got

Branch xen/stable set up to track remote branch xen/stable from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'xen/stable'

What does it mean and after this what should I be doing.
This git pull out is very costly approximately 900Mb of internet
traffic (it is too much for my ISP)
What does the above git step signified and what does the trick mentioned here

http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/ZvO4jYCfIzdpcmkWRz5w
excerpts from above link
"and build corresponding kernel.That's all i always do."

Which kernel is the above guy referring to Dom0 or DomU or both?

I had done make xen,make studbom and got in dist/install folder some
files xen*gz
so does that mean Xen is compiled and I need corresponding kernels?