[Xen-users] trouble installing

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] trouble installing
From: Ted Brenner <griztown@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:14:06 -0600
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 20:30:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm trying to setup Xen 4.0 on Debian Squeeze.  I've been following this wiki for the most part.  http://wiki.debian.org/Xen.  When I first went through the process, after rebooting I just got a blank black screen with no grub.  So after reinstalling my OS I've been rebooting after every step and everything works fine (not sure why I got the grub error the first time).  But after uncommenting the network-script part of xen-config.sxp file and adding 'network-bridge antispoof=yes', things start to act up.  The first thing I noticed was that shutdowing down the dom0 now hangs, usually at the point of stopping the xend daemon.  So I tried adding 'bridge=eth0'.  Nothing really change but I still installed a domU, Ubuntu Maverick.  However, I couldn't connect as I was getting errors like this:

Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

Checking the hotplug log it said this
can't add vif1.0 to bridge eth0: Operation not supported

So I'm wondering how I should be setting up the network-scripts.  Every instruction I read mentions it but they all seem to have slightly different variants.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I'm running on amd64 platform.

Let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks!
Ted Brenner