Re: [Xen-users] Remus: network buffering problem

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Wenda Ni <wonda.ni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Shriram,
>
> Thank you so much for your advice.
>
> I have enabled IFB (Intermediate functional block) module. I have enabled
> Ingress, redirecting, mirroring, NET_SCH_PLUG, and Netfilter. I have moduled
> or enabled the rest of the selections under QoS and/or fair queueing. Now it
> give the following error.
>
> I cannot find the sch_queue module under QoS and/or fair queueing. I find a
> few previous discussions about the sch_queue module, but have not found a
> good solution. Could you help a bit further? I am using XEN 4.0.1 release
> pvops on Ubuntu 10.10 (2.6.32.27).

You only need either sch_plug or the sch_queue. not both.
 this issue has been fixed in the latest xen-unstable. But it still
lingers in 4.0.1. Here is what I suggest

option 1:
Go to tools/remus/kmod/
 Hack the Makefile. I mean, manually set the KERNELDIR,
 remove the "grep CONFIG_IMQ..".
 if you do a make now, you should be able to compile the sch_queue module
 and then a make install.
 Basically, fix the makefile and compile/install the sch_queue module

Option 2:
 (I suggest you avoid this). Look at device.py and qdisc.py from xen-unstable
and fix your local repo's version (from xen 4.0.1).

BTW, you are probably going to be raising the next issue - Disk
replication fails.
 This is a bad hack but probably saves u time, for the moment, in
4.0.1. Edit the device.py near
  if disk.uname.startswith("tap:remus..") to "tap2:remus"...
 Unfortunately, 4.0.1 decided that users should explicitly specify
tap2:... to use blktap2 driver,
which meant that using tap:aio leads to loading blktap1
driver(deprecated/doesnt work in pvops).
So, one would have to use tap2:aio (loads blktap2 driver), and thus
similarly tap2:remus:..
        - but the remus scripts werent fixed soon enough to reflect
this, in 4.0.1. :(

shriram