Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] VM upgrade to Debian 6 issue.

Disclaimer: I am no xen expert whatsoever so I may be telling you utter
nonsense.

Hi Peter,

I've never looked into booting a CD image in a PVM. It kind of contradicts the
basic fact that you are loading a kernel and an initrd "from the outside".

And as soon as you get the kernel and your initrd to boot, you should have
everything in your hands to fix the VM from the inside.

If you are running pygrub, then xen will access the kernel and initrc that are
on the VMs disk image but still they are loaded into memory by something
"outside"
the VM. Grub code is never executed.

So in order to fix your VM I suggest you mount the partition where /boot lies
from
dom0, fix that problem, unmount the partition and try to boot your domU again.

cheers
-henrik