Re: [Xen-users] debian squeeze released.

To: Mauro <mrsanna1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] debian squeeze released.
From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 01:05:21 +0100
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 16:06:26 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=t1Yq7uY2vCH9gHN7YqTgDsn2nF5eMXMDIKrepMJFLwI=; b=DrOgfx1ZbSTw6+fLCukigu8uc6L4pSb8x/B48c3f+OoA4R+nQ2qUdn11xKT6xzd41F cHJVEmkNPgpttb7GkSbUvU4fnJp45wvrbQY7W2rcbIbDVyUNrPc7bzZYdNcD6Re8p6Ua 42igudSoxT9ImBepytih1F8yftX8Ghn6fuyL0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

2011/2/6 Mauro <mrsanna1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Do you know if squeeze has xen support?
I have written up most of the issues I encountered with a
lenny->squeeze Xen upgrade yesterday.

http://deranfangvomende.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/howto-updating-hetzner-rootserver-with-raidlvmxen-from-debian-lenny-to-debian-squeeze/

Disclaimer: It might not be in the most politically correct fashion.
My patience ran thin after some while, as almost all the issues I ran
into had been documented months ago. Additionally, having no console
access to the server things were a bit discouraging.

My advice, nonetheless, is to reinstall if you have sufficient
bandwidth to move your VMs off the Xen host.

Flo

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and