[Xen-users] installing xen in dom0 which runs on Vmware

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] installing xen in dom0 which runs on Vmware
From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:28:52 +0530
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 07:01:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would like to test Xen on Ubuntu 10.04 in a Vmware environment.
i.e.  Dom0 used to install Xen is  itself running as   guest (which is
Ubuntu 10.04)
in Vmware and then would install Xen on this guest from sources.
So this Vmware guest would work as Dom0 for Xen in  my experiment.

I remember some time back I was told it is not possible to create one more
guest in this condition here I am referring to guest which I would
create on dom0 which is itself
running in Vmware.

What I want to know if this way of experimenting is correct or the
results in this case
would differ from installing it on an actual production machine.

I do not have a lot of fancy machines to try out my experiment so I am
planning this method.
In case if you have any other suggestion  let me know.

My laptop does not support virtualization and the OS is Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit)