RE: [Xen-users] Win7 as domU: not found drivers for QEMU DVD-ROM

To: "Vladislav Krakhalev" <vchampion@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Win7 as domU: not found drivers for QEMU DVD-ROM
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 18:46:25 +1100
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 23:47:52 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I want to load win7 in domU. After win7 installation master is loaded
it shows
> error: CD/DVD driver not found, please insert cd which contains it
driver. It
> can not find driver for QEMU DVD ROM (My computer doesn't have VT-D
for
> ioemu).
>
> What should I do to fix this problem?

If you want to make the CDROM accessible in any form, just copy it to a
drive in another DomU that can access a harddisk then mount that drive
in your windows 7 DomU.

If you want to find out why this happens in the first place (it
shouldn't), then post your DomU config to the mailing list.

James