Re: [Xen-users] Xen on ALIX 2D3

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen on ALIX 2D3
From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 19:28:04 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:32:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 04/01/11 18:43, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
Has anybody tried running Xen on an ALIX 2D3 board?

http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d3.htm

If not, has anybody ran Xen on a seriously underpowered PC? The reason why I love these boards so much is that they run at 5W!

Of course, I would only run Xen on these for testing purposes. It would just be nice to have a very low powered system that I can just "blow away" VMs when I don't need them anymore.

Would a Dom0 run in only 64MB of RAM?

Cheers

Thinking about this a bit more, by the time I got Xend and iSCSI services running, I'd be well over 64MB!