Re: [Xen-users] Virtual Machine Interfaces

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Virtual Machine Interfaces
From: Russell Seymour <russell.seymour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 21:31:27 +0000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:34:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fajar,

Thanks very much for this.

I am looking at changing the way the networking works as you have suggested.  I used iptables currently for my home router so am familiar with this sort of setup.

I have created my virbr0 using libvirt, but how do I know tell Xen to use this interface?  I have modified the .sxp file to use bridge networking, but it creates its own thing.  I have tried to set it to netdev=virbr0 but that did not seem to have any effect.  IN other words how can I get Xen to use this custom bridge?

Thanks again,

Russell