Re: [Xen-users] dos attack problem in xen bridge mode

Alaa eldin wrote:

i'm using xen in bridge mode and some of my domU got under attack from one ip with high udp packet inside domU i'm using iptables as firewall i have drop the packet but from dom0 i still see the ip from Iftop and the ip eat my traffic there is any idea about this

If you have a rule to match the traffic, you can drop it at the ingress interface with an iptables rule in Dom0. The traffic will still hit the network stack and netfilter, but it won't then get as far as the bridge. If that's not good enough, then you'll have to filter it upstream before it reaches your Xen server machine.

--
Simon Hobson