Re: [Xen-users] XCP beta 1 and XenCenter

To: Jean Rousseau Franco <jfranco@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP beta 1 and XenCenter
From: Peter Phaal <peter.phaal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 08:37:02 -0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 08:38:24 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=wBtkzvDC/55yxVUAlLZ/yHVRcvhI/bsf2T2VcXXIazY=; b=nq5nilZURX+vcdhtH804mtWrxT2Vbmaxs5awTUo4jHHYTzVmBkqrksmJM7vVQSqT8P /lY1a9jWuW6DgFyf6Jhbg9S6uG1LdcwdRMDzsuae0SBztkm0Jqe3gtMhoZR/pCMMtlNi XB+y7XGsT/T7sqhmrm9hnI7bekhEUn1llTes0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been successfully managing an XCP 1.0 beta server using XenCenter version 5.6 Feature Pack 1 (build 37617).

However, when I start XenCenter I get a pop up License Manager window listing the XCP 1.0 beta server and saying that I need to either assign XenServer licenses, or activate Free XenServer products. The "Activate Free XenServer" option is grayed out, so I don't know what will happen when the license expires in 27 days.

Most of the functions of XenCenter are working with XCP with the exception of the Performance tab. Instead of getting graphs, I get an assertion failure pop up (at ArchiveMaintainer.GetHost(IXenObject xmo).