Re: [Xen-users] domU loses network after a while

To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU loses network after a while
From: Nathan Friess <nathan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:00:06 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:02:08 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sebastián Cruz wrote:
On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 14:58 +0100, Olivier Hanesse wrote:
Sebastian, have you tested with testing kernel for domU/dom0 instead
of backports ?

I have Dom0s running testing kernels and since I replaced the DomUs with
testing kernels too (instead of backports') the problem disappeared.
Give it a try and tell us if it worked for you too :-)

My dom0 is running testing (pure amd64 install). My domUs are actually 32 bit Lenny installs that were copied from another setup, but use the same kernel as dom0.

Some additional info: I did get tcpdump installed in one of the "dead" domUs. As I suspected, I don't see any incoming packets on eth0 at all. So it seems that dom0 isn't able to send anything to domU, but going outbound might be okay (as the ARP requests are getting out).

Nathan