[Xen-users] Migration of Xen Networking Setup to new ISP

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Migration of Xen Networking Setup to new ISP
From: Thomas Jensen <tom.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 21:00:52 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 19:02:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I currently have a xen installation with four NICs installed.  This system has been working fine for some time with my current ISP.

I am planning a move to a new ISP and am currently planning how I am going to go about moving my network over to the new ISP.  Maybe I've analyzed it to the point that I've confused myself, but I can't seem to think of a way to perform the migration.

I currently use pci hide to hide a physical NIC from the Dom0.  This NIC is passed to a firewall DomU.  Two other NICs are passed to the firewall DomU to create a standard three NIC firewall.  The fourth NIC in the Dom0 is on a separate subnet (not part of the firewall) and is used only for managment of the Dom0.

I would like to setup a firewall DomU on the new ISP and then migrate the DomUs to the new firewall one at a time.  I am getting tripped up on the fact that my server can't have two gateway addresses active at one time.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I could go about this migration?