Re: [Xen-users] RE: Build linux-image.deb via make-kpkg for 2.6.34.7 xen

To: Richie <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: Build linux-image.deb via make-kpkg for 2.6.34.7 xenified aka Suse
From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:14:50 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:16:17 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1288098890; bh=LTq1vO7d1by2Y5C9KsxQgEmNcU8/2qWdQv3z4xgFW/s=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=y4YSejBGdme4Hr3CFtnobNUgEJu+4+aVWs166tyTsy23bgk32gM/2riXGE5mJt3NyuAQHqvTqWLJupSx/MG7sFJuaKZjpIe+VUocvZ2A1NDPltKAp1bNm+4iSvexswvt10B6cYoBQ/m/E9GBN0fxqQcJ1ENK5QH1ei6VxJOWxss=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I think you meant I'm wrong about having to do with make-kpkg.  If Xen did not support > bzImage until 3.4.0 then I think that had plenty to do with why the Makefile is patched > the way it is.

Yes. You are right ;)

> With andrew's patch applied it appears that the else condition would still allow for also > building the bzImage target but that fails even when passing the --bzimage switch to    make-kpkg.  Either something is wrong with the Makefile

 Yes . I believe arch/x86/Makefile gets created only for "vmlinuz" .
 Patch just  changes it's code, commenting out wrong part of it.
 You may compare versions of arch/x86/Makefile for XenLinux and PVOPS  and clearly see what patch does.

>  or maybe there are some arch Xen specific build rules coming in to play.

Might be. I am not sure

Boris.