RE: [Xen-users] DomU shutdown Crashes Dom0 Networking

To: <eredicatorx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] DomU shutdown Crashes Dom0 Networking
From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:53:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 00:54:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I had a similar issue.  I found that if I pinged a non existing IP
address on the same subnet as the Dom0 the network came back to life.
As a work around I ran a constant ping using screen.

If I pinged an IP that was live then the network was still down.

Only when I upgraded to the latest XEN 4.0.1 the problem went away.

Thanks

Ian