Re: [Xen-users] pygrub question

Hi Fajar,

On 27/09/10 23:29, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Jan Bakuwel <jan.bakuwel@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:jan.bakuwel@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Etch:
>

>     ii  xen-utils-3.2-1
>     3.2.0-3~bpo4+2                       XEN administrative tools
>

>     The next question is: how can I convince the slightly old(er) xen
>     userland tools that we're dealing with a proper xen-compatible kernel
>     for domU here.
>

> I don't know of a way other than upgrading your xen version (possibly
> by compiling from source)
> You might want to upgrade to 3.4.3 (I suggest you avoid 4.0.x for now,
> unless you're testing new features/dom0 kernel)

Upgrading dom0 on that system is a lot of work (various reasons).

Both systems seem to use Xen 3.2-1 although the Etch versions are also
"3.2.0".

Do you think the (very slight) difference in userland tools might be
causing domU not to boot on Etch but working fine on Lenny or would the
2.6.18-6-xen kernel on Etch vs the 2.6.26-2-xen kernel on Lenny more
likely be the problem?

I really hope I can avoid having to upgrade dom0 (apart from patching
the userland tools).

thanks,
Jan