[Xen-users] Setting up virtual 'ethX' devices in Xen 3.4

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Setting up virtual 'ethX' devices in Xen 3.4
From: Digimer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:20:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:21:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

  Up until now, we've been using Xen 3.0 on CentOS 5.x. Under this
setup, dom0 was given a virtual 'ethX' with the original 'ethX' (now
'pethX') IP address. Under this older config, neither 'pethX' or
'xenbrX' had an IP address. The logic was to keep traffic from the
domU's, through the bridge and out 'pethX' without dom0 seeing anything.

  This is particularly useful in our environment (2-node cluster using
DRBD to allow hot-migration and disaster recovery between nodes). Here
is what I am talking about, in graph form:

http://wiki.alteeve.com/index.php/Networking_in_Xen#Real_World_Example

  I'd like to keep this setup, but it seems under Xen 3.4 this is no
longer the default configuration. I created a simple 'network-script' with:

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=N netdev=ethN bridge=xenbrN

  What else do I need to do to get the virtual copies of 'ethX' back on
my dom0?

Thanks!

--
Digimer