Re: [Xen-users] Did anyone succeeded in installing xen 4.0.0 on Debian L

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 11:08:52AM +0000, Meister Schieber wrote:
>    From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
>    > That mode is set compile-time. Try grepping from
>    /boot/config-kernelversion.
>    > grep CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND configfile
>
>    Seems to be set:
>
>    root@domU:~# grep CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND
>    /boot/config-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64
>    CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=y
>    CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI=y
>    # CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS is not set
>    # CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_SLOT is not set
>    # CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_CONTROLLER is not set

Ok, so BACKEND_VPCI means devices in the domU will have different PCI ID than
in dom0
BACKEND_PASS means they'll have the same PCI ID in the domU as in dom0.

>    >Also did you try with a self-compiled dom0 kernel?:
>    [1]>http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps
>    [2]>http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough
>
>    Not yet, as I am not too firm with kernel compiling and the "official xen
>    wiki" states that kernel 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 contains the PCI -BACKEND
>    DRIVER:
>
>    "Here's a list of the kernels that have the Xen pcifront driver included.
>    (...)
>    Debian squeeze 2.6.32-xen. "

Yeah, so it should work.

Did you get the device hiding working in dom0? That's the first required step.

-- Pasi