[Xen-users] Re: Can I mount the xen image file while vm is running

maddie wrote:
If i mounted the VM READ only then would the data getcorrupted  ? ? ?

But you need to remember that what is on the physical storage is **NOT** the contents of the file system (in general). The DomU will have unwritten changes help in ram - the contents of storage are as you would find after pulling the power plug !

Even if you sync the disk in DomU, then future changes would not be 'noticed' by Dom0 - or rather they may or may not depending on what is currently cached in Dom0 and when it reads stuff from the disk relative to when the DomU writes it.

Since most os's will keep some key filesystem information in memory, it's not likely that the version 'known' to Dom0 will stay valid for long.

--
Simon Hobson