[Xen-users] Xen4 Two-Way Routed Network & NAT

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen4 Two-Way Routed Network & NAT
From: "Bain, Duncan John" <duncan.bain.08@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:25:30 +0000
Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:26:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Hello guys,

I' having a bit (quite a bit actually) of trouble with a specific Xen4 network setup I'm trying to achieve.

Currently I have Xen running in a two-way routed network, with all DomU's having public IPs (they are also accessed by these).

What I want is to also have a selection of DomU's running alongside  with private IPs (192.168.0.XXX range). And then forwarding requests depending on what public IP address and port are used to these DomU's.

I've created a DomU with this setup.

address 192.168.0.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
gateway 192.168.0.1

I've created a bridge (br1) with the IP 192.168.0.1 and I've set 'bridge=br1' in the vif section of the DomU config.

>From the DomU I can ping Dom0 but no other traffic else makes it out at all. I also cannot ping the DomU from Dom0.

I've tried adding all sorts of routes but to no avail.

Anyone able to help me into going in the right direction?

Regards,

Duncan Bain