Re: [Xen-users] Compiling Xen from source on a machine without Internet

To: Virajith Jalaparti <virajith.j@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Compiling Xen from source on a machine without Internet access
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:04:12 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 06:04:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 03:37:55PM -0400, Virajith Jalaparti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile Xen 4.0 on a machine without access to the
> Internet. However it does not work directly since the make process does
> a "hg" and gets some files from an svn. Is there a way I can compile Xen
> from source on a machine which cannot access the Internet? I am looking
> for something other the obvious answer of "compile it on another
> Internet-connected machine and copy the result to that machine which is
> not connected to the Internet" (both these machines can talk to each
> other).

Does it help if you download the xen-4.0.0.tar.gz tarball?
It includes ioemu (qemu-dm) at least..

Instructions here how to build without needing to download the kernel from
xen.git:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen4.0

The tools tarballs might still need to be downloaded though..
maybe you can prefetch those once and then just copy to the build dir?

-- Pasi