Re: [Xen-users] Xen-DRBD Migration question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen-DRBD Migration question
From: Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:05:18 +0200
Cc: Valerio Granato <contact@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 01:06:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We do the same and my experiences are similar. I haven't done a deliberate
failover, but I do notice that Windows HVM guests are way more prone to
corruption when ANYTHING happens to their harddisks (being in fact iSCSI
targets). What we do as an added precaution is daily diskdumps of the guests
OS drives, including memory state (xm save) so we can always revert to these
states in case of catastropic failover.
Remember DRBD is a high availability solution, not a permanent availability
solution.  ;-)
But it works good though, especially for live migration and stuff.

B.