RE: [Xen-users] DRBD and XEN on Centos5.5

To: "'Xen List'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] DRBD and XEN on Centos5.5
From: "Simon Billis" <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:53:21 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 07:55:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I've done some further testing and found that the scripts that come with xen
for DRBD don't work using the drbd: syntax in the DomU.conf file. They are
unable to bring a drbd resource into the primary state and even if the
resource is in a primary state pygrub cannot find the resource to boot.

What does work is http://www.antibozo.net/xen/qemu-dm.drbd"; - this will
bring the drbd resource into primary and boot from it :-) - Thanks Jefferson
Ogata for this script.

I have also managed to live migrate the domain by promoting to primary the
drbd resource on the destination server and then issuing the standard xm
migrate -l DomU destination command. The (in my case) pvm migrated over
seamlessly and without any problems. The promotion to primary has to be
manually done i.e. drbdadm primary "drbdresource" on the destination host.

I think that the next thing is heartbeat for HA :-)

Cheers

Simon.