Re: [Xen-users] Complete Xen n00b getting stuck trying to create a VM

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Complete Xen n00b getting stuck trying to create a VM
From: Ewan Slater <ewan.slater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:16:49 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 01:18:10 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=dQU9jLlSQTBa0pAMS3FTLVc/c/KMtsIvEECYWthnWTk=; b=aO8U3C5ZN8+xl4aq7eLusOrCii91++lrlQadSMLgMkNTBY0mm8qY7r0O7fs7I3N4cU ebIshDf2sSTCkyS9+L5wJSZ0iTIVsJgX8VGhgtlsaHiR6TFoJ28OxqXPSyELkbW/IuKq O/RXFA1XwLczA8R/bOsUzt4pif4Cif5NJt3ow=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the tip.

Set up httpd and mounted iso as suggested.

Confirmed that I can browse to the contents of the iso using FireFox.

Started the install using virt install.

Then the installer in the VM tells me that it is "unable to retrieve
http://192.168.1.71//iso/images/stage2.img";.  Note the "//" after the
ip address.  I am definitely not putting a second slash in there when
I specify the URL.

As I said, I can browse to the URL just fine, and see stage2.img.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Ewan