Re: [Xen-users] Install Ubuntu Server 10 as PV Guest

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM, KC LO <kclo2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have copied kernel and ramdisk to the DOMU and it worked fine even the
> /boot is under partition of ext4.

You mean copy to dom0, right?

> However, the pygrub still fails for partition of ext3 with same error.

You mean you reinstall domU's so it's ext3 now?

> Below is my DOMU config
> name = "test"
> memory = "2048"
> bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"
> extra = "(hd0,0)/grub/menu.lst"

pygrub does not need "extra" line. pv-grub does.
Also, if /boot is not its own partition, the "extra" line for pv-grub becomes

extra = "(hd0,0)/boot/grub/menu.lst"

> When I replace with kernel and ramdisk, ubuntu can boot successfully.  Any
> ideas?

So it's down to pygrub problem now.
Not really sure what the problem is. It might be a problem with pygrub
parsing grub2's config file, but I'm not really sure. Perhaps you can
try uninstalling grub-pc on domU (which is grub2, the default for
Lucid), and use grub (the legacy grub) instead. Afterwards, make sure
there's a /boot/grub/menu.lst with the correct entries (you might need
to run update-grub first)

--
Fajar