[Xen-users] where is MAC address stored in VM?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] where is MAC address stored in VM?
From: "Lippert, Kenneth B." <Kenneth.Lippert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:26:04 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 13:27:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was trying to duplicate an already working VM.  I copied its disk
image and its config  and xml config files in /etc/xen/vm (SuSE 10.1).
I then just changed the name, uuid, "disk" parameter and MAC address in
the two config files.  I start the VM but have no network connectivity.
I connect to the console and login there.  Running the GUI system config
tool (Yast2) in "ASCII" mode, I can navigate to the network
configuration and I see that the MAC address the VM thinks it has is the
old one from before I made the edits.  Obviously it is being stored
somewhere else.

Is this a XEN question or just a SuSE one?

Is there a better way to duplicate a known working system?

Thanks,
-k
Kenn Lippert
Computation & Simulation Modeling,