Re: [Xen-users] Can't connect to Xend - Getting better

To: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Can't connect to Xend - Getting better
From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 15:01:26 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:04:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 01/06/10 14:48, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

On 01/06/10 14:44, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

On 01/06/10 12:50, Tapas Mishra wrote:
http://www.tripathy.org/xend-strace
I am not an expert on the subject so just suggesting you may have a look on
/etc/ld.so/nohwcap in following error message the second line of your
strace log shows that such a file does not exist try searching for
these messaage also paste your logs /var/log/xend.log
daemon.log
and some other error logs you can get in /var/log/xen or /var/log/xend
not sure exactly
just post them on http://pastebin.com (you can set an expiry date on
them) or where ever you feel comfortable.

access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
mmap(NULL, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1,
0) = 0x7f077fd62000
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY)      = 3

Ok Getting better!!

I started from scratch, and after messing around with some symlinks, I've finally got Xend to listen..sort of I can do a "xm list" and it will bring up the list correctly (Just the Dom0 is displayed). However Xend is still not listening on port 8000 for virt-manager to work. A netstat shows that python is listening on port 8002 (which I guess is for relocation..)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ok so I fixed the above problem - I had to enable the http server in the Xend config file. However, I'm back to where I was again with 3.4.2 on CentOS (this time I'm using 4.0 on Ubuntu) - in virt-manager, the Local install and Network boot is greyed out!!

Even closer now!! Thanks to this: http://unixtitan.net/main/2010/02/04/centos-5-4-xen-install-annoyance/

However it won't detect any CDs in the drive now..