[Xen-users] quick question about bonding with vlans and Xen

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] quick question about bonding with vlans and Xen
From: Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:57:47 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:00:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am looking to move my current Xen setup to one using all 4 available NICs in
my server via bonding and/or VLAN access. Here is the specs:

Dell Poweredge T710 w/ 4 integrate 1000MB NICs
Cisco 4507R with 48 port gigabit switch module
Xen 64-bit 3.4.2 with Centos 5.4 Dom0 64 bit

I will preface with this: I have never delved into the bonding or vlan access
with linux so bear with me here. What I would like to do is bond all 4 nics and
have all my available VLANs accessible across that bond. I have found where to
make the VLANs accessible via a network script similar to:

DEVICE=eth0.30
BOOTPROTO=STATIC
IPADDR=10.111.32.23
NETMASK=255.255.255.240
VLAN=yes
ONBOOT=yes

But do I have to assign an IP to each "interface"? Would I need to designate
one specific NIC to handle Dom0 and it's static IP or would Dom0 still be able
to have a static IP with all 4 bonded together with vlans on them?

Thanks in advance for any and all pointers and help!

--

Donny B.