Re: Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] weight/cap VCPU-params ignores during migratio

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] weight/cap VCPU-params ignores during migration
From: George Shuklin <nge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 19:04:49 +0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:06:13 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yandex.ru; s=mail; t=1274454290; bh=wW4cAKK1B6TXdzBGwLPMsjh5emO9TCJAYTK+vcbJqVU=; h=From:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:MIME-Version:Message-Id: Date:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type; b=gDLLccuX2cQ09DuAmyWFyRlN6xS9Hx/8SyROx6ZnVty4RvgSoFBI9yxtftmxLdObf yA5gfFX4oSFU07F6ow7/1ScSonMX+TIFL87KvHxaEcndSwepOmRRWigKqjo/i0rJlZ nak6eXQZpCKWI9DFYgMxfrxeeb8XeHReg/4yPqbk=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It simple. I create an VM with autostarting 'load generator' (simple endless
loop with little math on C).

I set VCPU-params:cap=10, and after start this VM really take about 10% of CPU
(I check it from xentop and xenmon.py).

I do live migration of this VM to other host and xentop on new host show about
100% of CPU usage by same VM.

Ignoring VCPU param changing on running VM may be feature. But ignoring it
after migrating is defenitivly a bug.

---
wBR, George.

--