[Xen-users] Re: networking doesn't work after migrate - FIXED (oops)

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: networking doesn't work after migrate - FIXED (oops)
From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:34:30 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:35:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Silly me. Seems like I forgot to restart xend after fixing a typo in the config file on the 2nd machine.

Sorry about that.

Miles

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Hi,

I just tried to migrate a VM from one machine to another.

The basics work - after a "xm migrate <VM> <destination> - the VM is up and running on the 2nd machine.

But... the network port doesn't come up. Trying an ifup eth0, or even a /etc/init.d/networking/restart, gives the following (virtual) console error:

test_2:/home/milesf# /etc/init.d/networking restart
Reconfiguring network interfaces...milesf[1667]: ERROR: Interface eth0 does not seem to be present in the system
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
Failed to bring up eth0.

The only way to get networking back up is to reboot the VM.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman